Since the creation of the modern Commonwealth there have been repeated comments of 'crisis' and predictions of 'decline'. Yet, this unique multilateral organisation has continued to evolve, reinventing itself at times of crisis thanks to its flexibility and style of consensus politics. Rather than rehashing tired debates of 'wither the Commonwealth?', the panellists will analyse the resilience of the 53 member association, and consider necessary changes to meet the challenges of the 21st century for its member states.
- Sir Peter Marshall, former Deputy Secretary General (Economic), Commonwealth Secretariat
- Akbar Khan, Secretary General, Commonwealth Parliamentary Association
- Dr Dwayne Menezes, former adviser to Secretary General Kamalesh Sharma
- 29 Apr 2019, 6.00pm - 8.00pm
- The Court Room, First Floor, Senate House, Malet Street, London, WC1E 7HU